The Machias CareerCenter is part of the statewide CareerCenter network that provides a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.
Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs.
Area Job Fairs
Workshops and Events
- Recurring Workshop: GED, Tutoring, and Adult Basic Education
- Recurring Workshop: Essentials of College Planning presented by MEOC
- Recurring Workshop: Don't Let Computers Intimidate You Anymore!
- Recurring Workshop: GATEways to Employment: Group Access to Employment Session
- Workshop: Study Skills, presented by MEOC - December 6, 2012
- 2-1-1 Maine Resource Link
Finding the answers to health and human services information and resources is as quick and easy as dialing 2-1-1 or logging onto 211maine.org.
- Business Answers
Business Answers online exists to make it easier to start and conduct business in the State of Maine.
- Federal Bonding Program
Provides Fidelity Bonds that guarantee honesty for “at-risk”, hard-to-place job seekers.
- Local Area 1 Workforce Investment Board
Sets workforce development policy for its local area. This policy is effectuated through staff at the CareerCenters.
Great resource for resume and job description writing.
- The Official Web Site of Washington County, Maine
- Veteran Services
A small business resource directory for Washington County, Maine based businesses.
- Washington Hancock Community Agency
Promotes self-sufficiency by helping income-eligible persons obtain essential services including transportation, housing, entrepreneurial support, and family services.
Local Education/Training Resources
- Maine Adult Education
- University of Maine at Machias
- Washington County Community College
- AARP Foundation Women's SCHOLARSHIP
- Literacy Volunteers of Washington County
- Women Unlimited
- Women, Work, & Community
Receive guidance and support for life transitions, career change, job loss, resume writing, interview practice, basic financial management, self employment and community resource referrals.
- Maine Small Business Development Centers
- Hancock County Higher Education Center
- Maine Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC)
- Washington County Community College for Seniors
- Manufacturers Association of Maine SCHOLARSHIP
- The Barking Foundation SCHOLARSHIP
- UMM Sunrise Senior College
- The Maine Fishermen's Forum Scholarship Fund
The Maine Fishermen's Forum Scholarship Fund was established for the benefit of immediate family members (son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter) of anyone actively participating in Maine's seafood industry.
- The Gracie Fund
The Gracie Fund offers tuition-reimbursement incentives to encourage natives of Washington County, or those who consider Washington County their “home”, to establish roots in the community following completion of their post-secondary education. Applications are invited from students who have recently completed school and are building a professional and personal life in Washington County.
The Gracie Fund fosters community development by helping recipients connect to Washington County through their commitment to a career and community service. School loan repayment awards of up to $5,000 will be awarded to up to three individuals each year. Awards may be renewed for up to three years. The IRS considers these awards taxable income.
Complete guidelines and application form are available through the Maine Community Foundation and SCEC, which jointly administer the Gracie Fund. Go to www.mainecf.org or www.sunrisecounty.org, or call 877-700-6800 (toll-free).
- University College Community Course Site
Take interactive television courses from the University of Maine System campuses at the St. Croix Regional Technical Center in Calais. Robert Moholland is the site coordinator.
- Kaplan University, Augusta