The Augusta CareerCenter is part of the statewide CareerCenter network that provides a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.
Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs.
- Address: 21 Enterprise Drive, Suite 2, Augusta, ME 04333-0109
- Phone: (207) 624-5120 or 1-800-760-1573
- Fax: (207) 287-6236
- TTY users call Maine Relay 711
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Directions: Map Location
Area Job Fairs
- Athenahealth will be holding a Career Fair Event in WATERVILLE - August 28, 2014
- **JOB FAIR *** JOB FAIR *** JOB FAIR *** Augusta CareerCenter - September 29, 2014
- FLAGGERS NEEDED!!!!! MAINE STAFFING/Project Flagging at the careercenter Tuesday Sept. 2nd from 10:30a.m. -12:30 pm
- Care & Comfort NOW Hiring - .Visit Reps at the CareerCenter on Friday 8/29 - 10:00a.m. to 1:00p.m.
- Athenahealth will be holding a Career Fair in WATERVILLE
Workshops and Events
- Resume Writing - September 8, 2014
- Essentials of College Planning & Financial Aid - September 8, 2014
- Gateways to Employment - Get a Jump Start! - August 28, 2014
- Want to work for the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT? Apply on USA JOBS.GOV - September 15, 2014
- Meet with a CareerCenter Consultant at the Waterville Library - September 3, 2014
- Maine State Library Offers Free Computer Training Classes
- Computer Skill Basics - Start at the beginning! - October 6, 2014
- Career Planning - September 3, 2014
- Interview Skills - September 4, 2014
- Resume Writing Work Group - September 17, 2014
- Job Search Tips for People with a Criminal History - September 17, 2014
- Starting a Business? - August 27, 2014
- Maine State LIBRARY offers WIRELESS printing from mobile devices.
- Computer Skill Advanced - Internet Job Searching and Maine Job Bank - September 15, 2014
- Orientation to CC Training Programs - August 28, 2014
211 is a searchable on-line database of community resources containing information on 5,000+ human services. It is the place to turn to when trying to find help.
- Central/Western Maine Workforce Board
- Consumers for Affordable Healthcare
Guide to health care resource directory.
- Disability Program Navigators
A collaboration between the Department of Labor and the Social Security Administration, The Disability Navigator program is a service of the CareerCenter for people with disabilities to help them "navigate" through the many work-related programs and services available at Maine CareerCenters.
- Food Pantries Across the State
- Free Computer Tutorials
Baycon Group provides tutorials on a growing list of computer-related topics. All tutorials are in depth, comprehensive, online, and -- best of all -- absolutely free.
- Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce
Augusta area chamber news and events.
- Local Resources
A list of some programs in Maine that may be able to help with your utility and fuel costs. Also lists other programs that may help in certain circumstances.
- Microsoft Office Tutorials
Official Site offering tutorials in both 2003 and 2007 versions of the software
- Mid Maine Chamber of Commerce
Waterville area chamber news and events.
- Office of Disability Employment Policy-DOL
US Dept. of Labor web site for disability employment policy,which is profiling individuals and businesses who have been served by workforce programs for people with disabilities. The feature is intended to dispel misconceptions about workers with disabilities by showcasing real faces and success stories.
- SCORE's Web Site for Baby Boomers
"Counselors to America's Small Business" unveiled a new section of its Web site specifically geared for baby boomer and retirement age entrepreneurs over 50. This page offers articles on transitioning to start a business while evaluating retirement options.
- Seasoned Worker Web Site
- State Library's Free Classes
- Women, Work & Community--Augusta
They offer many services including workshops on Career Exploration: Paying the Bills and Feeding the Soul,Introduction to Starting a Business,and a Self-Esteem Workshop.
- Women, Work & Community--Waterville
Workshops such as: Building Self-Esteem, Assertive Communication, Career Exploration: Paying the Bills and Feeding the Soul, and Financing Your Future: Managing Your Money to Reach Your Goals