The Augusta CareerCenter is part of the statewide CareerCenter network that provides a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.
Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs.
- Address: 21 Enterprise Drive, Suite 2, Augusta, ME 04333-0109
- Phone: (207) 624-5120 or 1-800-760-1573
- Fax: (207) 287-6236
- TTY users call Maine Relay 711
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- Directions: Map Location
Area Job Fairs
- March Job Fair at the Augusta CareerCenter - March 30, 2015
- **JOB FAIR *** JOB FAIR *** JOB FAIR *** Augusta CareerCenter - April 27, 2015
Workshops and Events
- Resume Writing - March 11, 2015
- Gateways to Employment - Get a Jump Start! - March 6, 2015
- Meet with a CareerCenter Consultant at the Waterville Library
- Maine State Library Offers Free Computer Training Classes
- Computer Skill Basics - Start at the beginning! - March 2, 2015
- Get Started on Your Career Plan - April 1, 2015
- Interview Skills - March 2, 2015
- Job Search Tips for People with a Criminal History - March 18, 2015
- Starting a Business? - March 18, 2015
- Maine State LIBRARY offers WIRELESS printing from mobile devices.
- Computer Skills II - March 9, 2015
- Orientation to CC Training Programs - March 5, 2015
- It All Starts Here - February 27, 2015
- Job Search Skills - March 9, 2015
- Come to the Waterville Library to learn about the CareerCenter - March 18, 2015
- Veterans Inc. Outreach - March 4, 2015
211 is a searchable on-line database of community resources containing information on 5,000+ human services. It is the place to turn to when trying to find help.
- Central/Western Maine Workforce Board
- Consumers for Affordable Healthcare
Guide to health care resource directory.
- Disability Program Navigators
A collaboration between the Department of Labor and the Social Security Administration, The Disability Navigator program is a service of the CareerCenter for people with disabilities to help them "navigate" through the many work-related programs and services available at Maine CareerCenters.
- Food Pantries Across the State
- Free Computer Tutorials
Baycon Group provides tutorials on a growing list of computer-related topics. All tutorials are in depth, comprehensive, online, and -- best of all -- absolutely free.
- Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce
Augusta area chamber news and events.
- Local Resources
A list of some programs in Maine that may be able to help with your utility and fuel costs. Also lists other programs that may help in certain circumstances.
- Microsoft Office Tutorials
Official Site offering tutorials in both 2003 and 2007 versions of the software
- Mid Maine Chamber of Commerce
Waterville area chamber news and events.
- Office of Disability Employment Policy-DOL
US Dept. of Labor web site for disability employment policy,which is profiling individuals and businesses who have been served by workforce programs for people with disabilities. The feature is intended to dispel misconceptions about workers with disabilities by showcasing real faces and success stories.
- SCORE's Web Site for Baby Boomers
"Counselors to America's Small Business" unveiled a new section of its Web site specifically geared for baby boomer and retirement age entrepreneurs over 50. This page offers articles on transitioning to start a business while evaluating retirement options.
- Seasoned Worker Web Site
- State Library's Free Classes
- Women, Work & Community--Augusta
They offer many services including workshops on Career Exploration: Paying the Bills and Feeding the Soul,Introduction to Starting a Business,and a Self-Esteem Workshop.
- Women, Work & Community--Waterville
Workshops such as: Building Self-Esteem, Assertive Communication, Career Exploration: Paying the Bills and Feeding the Soul, and Financing Your Future: Managing Your Money to Reach Your Goals