The Skowhegan CareerCenter is part of the statewide CareerCenter network that provides a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.
Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs.
Area Job Fairs
- Regional Job Fair: Pittsfield - May 14, 2014
- Maine Staffing /Project Flagging will be here 5/8 8:30 - noon
- Kelly Services recruiting Tuesday, 4/29 & Wed. 4/30 9:00 - 4:00
Workshops and Events
- Recurring Workshop: Resume Writing Part 2 May 15 1:00 - 3:00 - May 15, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Open Computer Lab Thursday 05/22 1:00 - 3:00 - May 22, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Gateways to Employment Monday, April 28 - April 28, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Want to learn about Non-Traditional Occupations? - April 25, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Resume & Cover Letter Writing Workshop - 05/06/14 - May 6, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Successful Interviewing Techniques. 05/13/2014 - May 13, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Effective Communications Skills Workshop Tuesday, May 20 - May 20, 2014
- Recurring Workshop: Set Your Goals! Manage Your Time! Tuesday 5/27 1:00 - 3:30 - May 27, 2014
- Links to Veteran Resources
- Maine Small Business Administration
- ONET: Occupational Information Network
A primary source of occupational information to use in making informed decisions about education, training, career choices, and work.
- Rehabilitation Services
- Women Unlimited
Assists Maine women, minorities, and displaced workers.
- Women's Business Center at Coastal Enterprises Inc. (CEI)
- Women, Work, and Community - Skowhegan
Offering Workshops for women in the community.
Local Education/Training Resources
- Community Colleges and State Universities
- Adult and Community Education Providers in Maine
- Financial Aid for College - Apply Online
If applying online seems too hard, consider attending our next MEOC workshop. See workshop and event section above for date and time.
- Kaplan University
- K-12 Education
- Libraries in Maine
- Assistive Technology in Maine