Greater Portland CareerCenter
The Greater Portland CareerCenter is part of the statewide CareerCenter network that provides a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.
Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs.
- Address: 151 Jetport Blvd, Portland, ME 04102
- Phone: (207) 822-3300 or Toll Free: 877-594-5627
- Fax: (207) 822-0221
- TTY users call Maine Relay 711
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Directions: Map Location
- Parking is free at the Greater Portland CareerCenter. If traveling by bus, take Portland METRO 5.
If you are a current client of Goodwill Workforce Solutions who would visit the old CareerCenter, you may continue to visit them at their new location on 190 Lancaster Street, Suite 200 in Portland. You can access Goodwill Workforce Solutions on Lancaster Street through Portland METRO 8 and the Greater Portland CareerCenter at Jetport Boulevard on Portland METRO 5. They can be reached at 207-775-5891.
Area Job Fairs
- June Job Fair at The Greater Portland CareerCenter! - June 1, 2016
- Comfort Keepers will be recruiting at the Greater Portland CareerCenter on April 28th
- NESC Staffing is recruiting!
Workshops and Events
- The Unemployed Professionals Group
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Information Center Hours
- Resume Information Seminar
- Essentials of College Planning for Adults
- GATEways to Employment
- Job Interviewing Workshop
- Veterans' Career Connection and Collaboration Council
- Disability Benefits/Ticket to Work Workshop - May 24, 2016
- 211 Maine
One number – thousands of services. 2-1-1 is an easy-to-remember number that connects people who want to give help or get help with a full range of health and human services in their community.
- CA$H Greater Portland
CA$H is a free, year-round resource, providing outreach and education about ways you can make the most of your money. Including resources for Tax preparation, reducing your debt and building your savings.
- enroll 207
enroll207 is a project of the Maine Health Access Foundation, the state’s largest health care foundation. The purpose of enroll207 is to connect Mainers to certified assisters who can help review new options for health insurance through the Maine Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Greater Portland Public Transportation (METRO)
METRO provides fixed route bus service to Portland, Westbrook, South Portland (Maine Mall area) and Falmouth Crossing areas.
- New Ventures Maine
Programs for career, business and financial education.
"Helping Maine people succeed in their jobs, businesses, and communities. We help individuals recognize strengths, overcome barriers, find resources, develop a plan, take action towards their goals: start a business, find a career, return to school, build assets, be active in the community."
- Opportunity Alliance
The Opportunity Alliance works with people to build better lives and stronger communities. We provide advocacy, leadership, and support to identify the goals and address the needs of individuals, families, and communities.
- Volunteer Maine
A one-stop source for volunteer information in Maine.
Local Education/Training Resources
- Portland Adult Education
- Maine Adult Education
- Southern Maine Community College
- University of Southern Manie
- Maine Educational Opportunity Center
- Maine College Transitions Program
- VTEC Training Center
- Kaplan University, South Portland
- Competitive Skills Scholarship Program
- Workforce Investment Act
- Training Information for Adult Workers