The Portland CareerCenter is part of the statewide CareerCenter network that provides a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.
Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs.
- Address: 185 Lancaster Street, Portland, ME 04101-2453
- Phone: (207) 771-5627 or 1-877-594-5627
- Fax: (207) 822-0221
- TTY users call Maine Relay 711
- Email: email@example.com
- Directions: Map Location
- Parking: provided in lots along the block on Lancaster Street with signs marked Bayside or Government Center. If attending a workshop, do not park in 1-hour parking spaces. You can also park up the street at the Public Market Parking Garage at corner of Elm Street and Cumberland Avenue.
Area Job Fairs
Workshops and Events
- UP Group at the Portland CareerCenter - June 17, 2014
- Orientation for People with Disabilities - In Person or Online!
- GATEway to Employment Workshop - June 17, 2014
- Training Orientation
- Essentials of College Planning for Adults
- Resume Writing - July 25, 2014
- Job Interviewing for Anyone with a Felony or Misdemeanor Conviction - August 6, 2014
- Job Interviewing Workshop - August 1, 2014
- Introductory Computer Classes
- Interview Practice for English Language Learners
- Are you having trouble making ends meet?
In a transition between jobs, or relocating, and don't know where to turn for assistance to help you financially? Check this link out to learn more about programs and services to assist you!
- Are you without Health Insurance? Check out this link to find out more about programs to assist the Uninsured!
This link will provide valuable information regarding programs to assist you when you lose your healthcare due to job loss. Learn more about Dirigo Health, COBRA, and many more programs available to you!
- Business Answers
Business Answers online exists to make it easier to start and conduct business in the State of Maine.
- Greater Portland Public Transportation (METRO) offers resources to Employers and riders alike. Check out this link!
METRO provides fixed route bus service to Portland, Westbrook, South Portland (Maine Mall area) and Falmouth Crossing (Banknorth) areas.
- Ingraham Volunteers/Resource Link
This organization has been providing assistance to Maine people who are struggling with mental illness and substance abuse issues.
- Need help with Prescription Costs?
Go to www.needymeds.org/ to find about options.
- Women Work and Community - South Portland
They offer many services including workshops on Career Exploration: Paying the Bills and Feeding the Soul,Introduction to Starting a Business,and a Self-Esteem Workshop.
Local Education/Training Resources
- Portland Adult Education
- Westbrook Adult Education
- Windham Adult Education
- South Portland Adult Education
- Scarborough Adult Education
- Gorham Adult Education
- OOB/Saco Adult Education
- Freeport Adult Education
- Gray/New Gloucester Adult Education
- MSAD 61 & 72 Adult Education Casco
- Merrymeeting Adult Education Topsham
- Maine College Transitions Program
- Literacy Volunteers of Maine
- Kaplan University
- University of Southern Maine
- NTI Technical School
- Southern Maine Community College
- InterCoast Career School
- Maine College of Art
- St. Josephs College