September 17, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 17, 2018
Job Fair Information: See the job fair listing.
Media Contact: Laura Hudson, Maine Department of Labor, 207-621-5009
AUGUSTA ‚€” Maine Department of Labor‚€™s network of 12 CareerCenters host, sponsor or participate in several career fairs throughout the year. Hundreds of employers are hiring for thousands of permanent and seasonal positions. Several hiring events are scheduled into December.
"I urge those looking for careers in this tight labor market to visit any CareerCenter," said Governor Paul R. LePage. "They provide resources and services that will assist you in improving your resume and preparing for job interviews."
To find more information about jobs fairs across the state, or to locate the closest CareerCenter and find information about job training programs, visit the CareerCenter website, www.mainecareercenter.gov.
Upcoming Job Fairs and Single-Employer Recruiting Events:
- September 18, Portland: Maine State Government Job Fair
- September 18, Rockland: Employer Recruitment: Bonney Staffing
- September 18, Hinckley: Employer Recrtuiment: Spurwink
- September 19, Springvale: Weekly Staffing Agency Hiring Event
- September 19, Bangor: Employer Recruitment: Healing Spirit Healthcare
- September 21, Bangor: Employer Recruitment: Woodlands Senior Living of Brewer Recruitment
- September 24, Springvale: York County Monthly Job Fair
- September 24, Augusta: Augusta Career Center Hiring Fair
- September 25, Rockland: Employer Recruitment: Assistance Plus
- NEW - September 25, Rockland: Maine State Ferry Service Open House
- September 26, Springvale: Weekly Staffing Agency Hiring Event
- September 26, Bangor: Employer Recruitment: UCP of Maine
- NEW - September 26, South Portland: MaineJobs Career Fair
- October 3, Portland: Manufacturing Job Fair
- October 3, Portland: Portland CareerCenter Job Fair
- October 15, Hinckley: Employer Recruitment: Care & Comfort
- NEW - October 25, Bangor: 21st Annual Fall Career Fair
- November 7, Portland: Portland CareerCenter Job Fair
- November 7, Portland: Health Care Job Fair
- November 8, Portland: USM Fall Job Fair 2018 - Open to the Public
- NEW - December 5, Portland: Portland CareerCenter Job Fair
Visit http://www.mainecareercenter.com/employment/jobfairs.shtml for a list of employers.
Job fairs listed may include third-party events where the CareerCenter is a sponsor but not the host organization. These may require a fee to exhibit. Employers should connect with the coordinator of the event for questions.
Employers interested in exhibiting at a CareerCenter-hosted job fair or an employer recruitment should contact the Employer Services Representative at their closest CareerCenter, which can be found at http://www.mainecareercenter.gov/locations/index.shtml .
CareerCenters offer a variety of workshops and services to help people find employment or upgrade skills. Each center provides several public-access computer workstations with Microsoft Office software, resume writing and cover letter software, Internet access and O‚€™Net software for skills assessment. All CareerCenter services are free of charge.
Maine CareerCenters are an equal opportunity provider. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- end -