Skip to main content
> Targeted Services & Programs
Targeted Services & Programs
- Rapid Response: a program to assist workers facing job loss due to downsizing or closures. When an employer must lay off workers, there are several steps to take in order to address the needs of the affected workers and the community.
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA): workers who lose their jobs or have their hours or wages reduced because of foreign trade may be eligible for trade benefits under the Trade Adjustment Assistance and Trade Readjustment Allowances programs. Search for TAA approved companies.
- Federal Bonding Program: provides Fidelity Bonds that guarantee honesty for "at-risk," hard-to-place job seekers.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC): a federal tax credit that offers an incentive for private sector businesses to hire individuals from 8 targeted groups that have consistently faced significant barriers to employment.
- Foreign Labor Certification Program:
permits U.S. employers to hire foreign workers on a temporary or permanent basis to fill jobs essential to the U.S. economy.
Training and Education