- Unemployment Resources
- Finding health coverage after a layoff
- Publication - Transitions: A Resource Guide for Laid Off Workers (34-page 1.3MB pdf)
CareerCenters provide information on employer requirements in the event of a layoff or closing. Workers are provided with information on retraining and support.
The following documents on this page are available for download in either "PDF", Microsoft "Word" or Microsoft "Excel" formats. You will need either the free Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word or free Microsoft Word Reader, Microsoft Excel or free Excel Viewer to view and print them.
- WorkShare: an alternative to temporary layoffs
- Rapid Response: a program to assist workers facing job loss due to downsizing or closures. When an employer must lay off workers, there are several steps to take in order to address the needs of the affected workers and the community.
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA): workers who lose their jobs or have their hours or wages reduced because of foreign trade may be eligible for trade benefits under the Trade Adjustment Assistance and Trade Readjustment Allowances programs. Search for TAA approved companies.
- Your rights under the Federal Warn Act
- National Emergency Grants
- Dislocated Worker Benefits