Request for Proposals
Workforce Information and Resources
- Labor Market Information: MDOL's Center for Workforce Research and Information (CWRI) provides data on wages, jobs in demand, employment and industry trends and much more.
- Maine Jobs Council: leads, advises, and manages the effort to create a world-class workforce development system in Maine.
- Local Workforce Investment Boards: collaborate with the Maine Department of Labor to establish a network of 12 full-service CareerCenters with additional service points and partner providers located throughout the state that provide services to employers and job seekers.
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA): reformed federal employment, training, adult education, and vocational rehabilitation programs by creating an integrated "one-stop" system of workforce investment and education services for adults, dislocated workers, and youth.
- National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA): an organization of state administrators of unemployment insurance laws, employment services, training programs, employment statistics and labor market information and other programs and services provided through the publicly-funded state workforce system.
Tools for Workforce Professionals
- O*NET Online
- America's Career InfoNet
- Maine Career Development Association
- National Veterans' Training Institute
Career Exploration Tools from U.S. Dept. of Labor
My Next Move
This tool is aimed at providing job seekers with information on more than 900 occupations, as well as local job openings and training opportunities in a simple, user-friendly format. My Next Move is intended to assist all job seekers. It may be especially useful for students, young adults and other first-time workers as they explore potential careers based on their interests.
This site is designed to help those with previous work experience match their existing skills to new occupations.