U.S. Armed Forces badges displayed over a starts and stripes backgroud

Helping Veterans and their Families Obtain the Benefits they have Earned

Rural Veterans Coordination Pilot (RVCP)

The Maine Department of Labor can assist eligible veterans and their family members to transition from active military service to civilian life. Through RVCP, we help veterans understand what benefits you’ve earned and coordinate with local partners to ensure you and your family receive them.

If you are a veteran who transitioned from active military service to civilian life in Maine on or after August 26, 2012*, you and your family may be eligible for one or more of the following:

  • Employment – Job search and training assistance.
  • Healthcare – Medical and mental health.
  • Education – Matching your skills with educational opportunities.
  • Flexible Employment Fund – A financial resource to address barriers to employment or to provide other support services.

If you live in Aroostook, Hancock, Knox, Penobscot, Piscataquis, Somerset, Waldo, and Washington Counties:
Contact the Bangor CareerCenter at 207-561-4050 or 1-888-828-0568.

If you live in Androscoggin, Cumberland, Franklin, Kennebec, Lincoln, Oxford, Sagadahoc, and York Counties:
Contact the Greater Portland CareerCenter at 207-822-3300 or 1-877-594-5627.

TTY users call Maine Relay 711.

The Rural Veterans Coordination Pilot is a partnership between the Maine Department of Labor, Department of Defense Veterans and Emergency Management/Bureau of Veterans Services, Maine Military and Community Network, Easter Seals Maine, and Northeast Workforce Development Board.

*Any veteran in need of employment services is encouraged to visit their local CareerCenter for available services from various programs.

This page was funded in part by a grant from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.  The opinions, findings and conclusions stated herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.