Home → H2B
Submitting H-2B Related Job Orders Using Maine JobLink
- Employer/Agent must have one log-in access (shared) to Maine JobLink (MJL) employer account. Agent may not create separate account on Maine JobLink for H-2B related activity.
- For assistance with Maine JobLink call 207- 623-7967
Once Employer account is set and ready to place job order:
- A valid prevailing wage determination (PWD) issued by the National Prevailing Wage Center (NPWC) is required before placing a job order with a wage offer.
- Prevailing Wage Determination Process
- To request a prevailing wage determination for a Nonagricultural Immigration Program (H-2B) employers must complete the Form ETA-9141 (Application for Prevailing Wage Determination) and submit it to the National Prevailing Wage Center (NPWC). Electronic filing is strongly recommended. Beginning Monday, June 10, 2019, the NPCW will accept online submissions of Form ETA-9141 in the FLAG System for all visa programs.
- Foreign Labor Application Gateway (FLAG)
- Job Order must be submitted no more than 90 days and no less than 75 days from the Date of Need or Start date of the job offer. File your job order and application as early as the regulatory timeframes permit.
- Job order must be identified as H-2B using the provided scroll downs in template:
- ‘Is this job supporting an H-1B, H-2A or H-2B Recruitment Activities'?
- Under Administrative Information
- Select H-2B
- Within the Job Description field, job order must indicate:
- Name of employer
- Job title
- Number of workers needed
- Dates of need
- Work location in Maine
- Job order must include all Assurances and Disclosures as required under the H-2B, 2015 Interim Final Rule (IFR), published on April 29, 2015, and match between the job order and Form ETA-9142B (For more information go to: https://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/).
- Job order must instruct applicants to apply directly to employer and/or inquire about the job opportunity or send applications, indications of availability, and/or resumes directly to the nearest CareerCenter of the Maine Department of Labor and provide the CareerCenter contact information.
- Click here to find CareerCenter locations of highest use by H-2B stakeholders.
- Other offices may be located by visiting http://www.mainecareercenter.gov/locations/index.shtml.
- Job order must be set to close at 21 days before the work Start Date on job order.
- Job order must be completed and placed on HOLD/Pending Staff Approval.
- Employer/agent must inform Maine Department of Labor that a job order intended for an H-2B application has been posted on the Maine JobLink via e-mail, with the employer name and job title indicating it is for H-2B, to : Maine.H2A-H2B@maine.gov