Home → Information for Laid-Off Workers
Information for Laid-Off Workers
A laid off worker is someone who has been separated from their job due to no fault of their own. This can include workers affected by business closures or individual or groups of workers whose positions have been eliminated.
For workers who are otherwise qualified, unemployment insurance payments may be available to help support workers while they are looking for a new job.
Maine Department of Labor provides Rapid Response sessions whenever workers are laid off. The following information is covered during these sessions – Unemployment Insurance, CareerCenter Services, Maine JobLink, Health Insurance Options, Housing Assistance, etc. We welcome you to view Rapid Response information below in a variety of languages.
Rapid Response Resource Sheets
- موارد للعمال الم ّرسح ي Resources For Laid Off Workers - Arabic (PDF)
- 为下岗职工提供资源 - Chinese (PDF)
- Resources For Laid Off Workers - English (PDF)
- Ressources Pour Les Travailleurs Mis À Pied- French (PDF)
- Amafaranga agenerwa abakozi biirukanywe- Kinyarwanda (PDF)
- Masungi mpona bato balongoki bango mosala - Lingala (PDF)
- Recursos Para Trabalhadores Demitidos - Portuguese (PDF)
- Macluumaad loogu talogalay shaqaalaha laga diray shaqada- Somali (PDF)
- Recursos Para Trabajadores Despedidos - Spanish (PDF)
- Rasilimali kwa wafanyikazi walioachishwa kazi - Swahili (PDF)
- Các nguồn trợ giúp cho người lao động bị sa thải - Vietnamese (PDF)
Maine Unemployment Information
Unemployment Information Filing Tips
One on One staff assistance with phone lines are available to contact Unemployment Compensation or an Employer at any of these locations
One on One staff assistance with phone lines are available to contact Unemployment Compensation or an Employer at any of these locations:
Health Insurance Assistance
Workforce Centers sorted by City